The various stages of homemade breadcrumbs. The last time I bought breadcrumbs in their crinkly little plastic package I felt horrible. Almost as bad as I felt every time me or a family member threw away the final slices of bread. A panicked moment during the making of homemade burger patties without breadcrumbs lead to a moment of inspiration... now, I'll never have to buy one of those crinkly packets or wave sadly at the bread in the bin(we don't feed it to the birds cause they can't digest it very well so I'm told) #ecofriendly#homemade#breadcrumbs#foodie#makeyourown#environmentallyfriendly
Coincidence or Laws of Attraction?
Last night song by BB King, one of my favourites, caught my attention and brought joy at the to end of a beautiful day. 5 hours later and a new play list, I was set. This morning, a friend needed a ride from the East York Hospital. And what do I run into? A free Blues Festival! Was it just a coincidence or was it my positive thoughts from yesterday that put the breadcrumbs for me to follow to get the Blues Festival? The laws of attraction states that you attract what you think, positive or negative. What are you attracting in your life, positive or negative?
Come say hi if you're in the neighbourhood. #Toronto#lawsofatraction#followthebreadcrumbs#breadcrumbs#eastyork#blues#festival#positivemindset#thinkpositive#lifequotes#myzengarden
Home Cooking/Recipe: I wanted to share this simple but absolutely delicious purée recipe with you, which I’ve made 2 nights in a row now • It’s my PARSNIP AND CAULIFLOWER PURÉE and it’s so creamy and velvety smooth with great flavour! • I served it in my previous post with Lamb and tonight it’s Seared Scallops, Parsnip & Cauliflower Purée with Pancetta Crumb • It’s such a versatile purée which you can use instead of your usual mash • Heres the recipe for making it in a thermomix. You can easily adapt it to be made on the stove top (see notes). I’ve included photos to show the different stages. First pic is the Scallop dish we had tonight.
PARSNIP & CAULIFLOWER PURÉE:
300gm parsnips (approx 3 parsnips)
200gm cauliflower (approx 1/4 head)
200gm full cream milk (can use water)
1/2 tspn salt
1. Peel parsnips, cut in half lengthways and remove tough fibrous centre cores (see photo). Cut into pieces. Cut cauliflower into pieces and place both vegetables into your thermomix bowl along with the milk and salt. Set to cook for 20 mins/100’C/speed 1.
2. At this stage, there should be no or very little liquid left. Add the butter and purée for 1 min/speed 10.
Your purée is ready!
* I turn the MC on its side when cooking the purée. Never leave your thermomix unattended.
I would suggest that you blitz your vegetables in a blender first, then place them in a pot and add the milk and salt.
Bring to the boil with the lid off to allow the milk to evaporate. You want to have no liquid left in the pot when finished (approx 20 mins). If there is liquid left, drain it off, put the softened vegetables back into your cleaned blender along with the butter and process until completely smooth. (You can pass through a fine sieve at this stage if you wanted to).
In the recipe the butter measurement is 50-100gms...I’d suggest using approx 50gms for normal meals and 100gms for entertaining (which will give you a beautiful purée like you get at a restaurant). Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! • PS. This can be made in advance and then reheated gently when required.
Practice yesterday went very well, but being able to see and spend time with my son meant the world!!! That smile on his face when he saw me while running his warm laps around the field said everything... Hard work on 3, 1...2...3 HARD WORK!!!! #Breadcrumbs#RAK#RAKMOTIVATION
Těhotenský chutě no... 😁 Když dostaneš chuť na ovocný knedlíky, tak si prostě uděláš ovocný knedlíky 👍 a protože vím, že je má @mycookingdiary.cz v kuchařce, nebylo co řešit 🙂 Musela jsem teda zvolit jinej postup motání, protože se mi to u meruňky vždycky natrhlo, ale my s prckem jsme si teda moc pošmákli 😍 #lunch#food#apricot#dumplings#breadcrumbs#meltedbutter
Good bread is one with all these air bubbles, and it took me several tries to get to this! To get these crumbs there are so many things to keep in mind while making bread. The folding of the bread has to be done in a particular way, and the resting needs to be done for a particular amount of time. You can't take the dough off of resting even half an hour before just because you want to get it over with. Bread making is something you need loads of patience for, because it doesn't happen in a day. It's a process which continues over 2 days, and more if not done right. .
🇮🇹 Sarà perché sono siciliana, ma amo questo formato di pasta: le casarecce, rigorosamente al dente. Il sugo a base di aglio, olio, peperoncino, pomodorini, olive nere, capperi, basilico e briciole di pane si prepara in un attimo. Un piatto ottimo caldo e freddo, oltre ad essere uno strepitoso svuota frigo. Sono così buona che vi lascio la ricetta al volo!❗️✔️👉RICETTA: rosolare aglio e peperoncino in olio extravergine di oliva, aggiungere i pomodorini tagliati a metà e disposti sulla buccia. ✔️Salare, spolverizzare con poco zucchero, aggiungere basilico o altre erbe aromatiche e cuocere a fuoco basso per 20 minuti, senza mai mescolare.✔️Quando i pomodori saranno morbidi, aggiungere i capperi e le olive✔️In un’altra padella mettere un filo di olio extravergine e le briciole di pane e rosolare finché non saranno croccanti ✔️Lessare la pasta in acqua salata e scolarla al dente, saltarla nel sugo e cospargerla con le briciole di pane. ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️🇺🇸 I love this pasta: the casarecce. The sauce based on garlic, oil, chilli, cherry tomatoes, black olives, capers, basil and bread crumbs is so easy and tasty, and vegan 🌱 . An excellent hot and cold pasta. ❗️✔️👉RECIPE : brown a clove of garlic and the chilli pepper in extra virgin olive oil, add the tomatoes cut in half and placed on the peel. ✔️Add salt, sprinkle with a little sugar, add basil or other aromatic herbs and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes. Never mix. ✔️Once the tomatoes are soft, add the capers and the olives. In another pan put a dribble of extra virgin olive and add bread crumbs and brown until crispy ✔️Let the pasta in plenty of salted water, drain it al dente, sauté it in the sauce and sprinkle with bread crumbs! .
🇮🇹 E stasera cena saporitissima per ringraziare mamma e papà dei meravigliosi piatti siciliani che avete visto nelle Stories: fusilli con pomodorini gialli, olive nere, acciughe, capperi e basilico. Semplici, pronti in 10 minuti e buonissimi. E per dolce cheesecake alle amarene! ❗️✔️👉RICETTA: rosolare uno spicchio d’aglio in olio extravergine di oliva, aggiungere le alici e i datterini gialli. ✔️Salare e cuocere a fuoco vivo per pochi minuti. ✔️Quando i pomodori saranno morbidi, aggiungere i capperi dissalati, le olive, il basilico e un po’ di pepe nero. ✔️In un’altra padella rosolare un po’ di briciole di pane con un filo d’olio. ✔️Lessare la pasta in abbondante acqua salata e scolarla al dente, saltarla nel sugo e cospargerla con le briciole di pane! È buona calda ed è ottima fredda! ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️🇺🇸 Tonight a tasty dinner to say thank to mommy and daddy for the amazing plates that they gift me: fusilli with yellow tomatoes, black olives, anchovies, capers and basil. Simple, ready in 10 minutes and delicious. For dessert cherries cheesecake!❗️✔️👉RECIPE: brown a clove of garlic in extra-virgin olive oil, add the anchovies and the yellow tomato. ✔️Sel up and cook over high heat for a few minutes. ✔️When the tomatoes are soft, add the desalted capers, olives, basil and a little black pepper. ✔️In another pan, brown a little bread crumbs with a little oil. ✔️Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water and drain it al dente, sauté it in the sauce and sprinkle it with the bread crumbs! It’s good both cold and hot!
Boneless Chicken - 250 gms
Salt to taste
Garlic powder - 1/4 Tsp
Italian seasoning - 2 Tsp
Chili flakes - 2 Tsp (optional)
Egg - 1 no.
Oil for deep frying
1. Take the boneless chicken pieces cut up into small pieces in a bowl
2. Add salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and all-purpose flour to the chicken
3. Coat the chicken pieces with the spices and the all-purpose flour and keep it aside
4. To make the bread crumbs, toast the bread slices (you can use either white or brown bread) and let it cool
5. Cut the bread slices into small pieces and grind it to a coarse powder
6. Add some Italian seasoning and chili flakes in the breadcrumbs and mix them to make seasoned bread crumbs
7. Crack open an egg in a bowl and whisk it to make the egg wash
8. Take the flour coated chicken pieces and dip it into the egg wash and dip into the breadcrumbs and arrange all the breadcrumbs coated chicken pieces in a plate
9. Meanwhile, heat a kadai with some oil for deep frying
10. Once the oil is hot, slowly add the chicken pieces into the hot oil and deep fry them till you get a golden brown color throughout
11. Serve the chicken nuggets hot with some ketchup and mayo by the side.
1. Chop prawns roughly and keep them in a bowl.
2. Grind ginger, garlic, onions and green chili together and make a smooth paste
3. Add the ground paste to the chopped prawns
4. Add all the ingredients to it except breadcrumbs
5. Mix everything together
6. Divide this prawn mixture into smaller portions and roll it into a ball
7. Put Panko breadcrumbs in a plate and coat each portion with breadcrumb, and make them into balls.
8. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to hold the shape.
9. Put a kadai on medium flame and pour oil in it, once the oil is medium hot, deep fry these Shrimp balls until they are golden in color
10. Serve these hot Thai style Shrimp Balls with sweet chili sauce.