Extrañando mi calle frenchie favorita 🤩💕
Antes de mudarme esta calle era la que siempre pasaba y me di cuenta que era bastante diferente a varias que veía.
Un día recuerdo que pasábamos y hacían colectas de firmas para negar la apertura de un Mc Donald’s 😱 las personas que vivían cerca y las que tenían un negocio cerca querian mantener la calle simplemente francesa pero al final con todo y firmas no lo lograron! PERO igual con Mc Donald’s, se sigue manteniendo bastante francesa y conservando su historia. 💕
Totalmente recomendable por un almuerzo o simplemente descubrir la cultura francesa. .
En el vídeo de YouTube pueden ver un poquito más esta calle 🙋🏻♀️vayan a verlo 💕(link en bio 🔝)
A ustedes que les parece que los franceses siempre intenten mantener su cultura de esa manera? 😱
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Pyrénées- Atlantiques.
This lovely village in the French Basque Country is the last stage in the different routes of the Way of St. Jacques before crossing to Spain through Roncevaux Pass, where Charlemagne’s troops were defeated by Basque tribes, as it is told in the Chanson de Roland, when they were coming from a campaign in Zaragoza and Pamplona.
The town was the capital of Lower Navarre, one of the provinces of the old kingdom of Navarre (the only one in current French territory). When Navarre was conquered by Spanish troops in 1512, this province was not easy to keep for Spain as it was at the other side of the Pyrenees, so the Emperor Charles V retreated in 1528, leaving the territory to the legitimate kings, the Albret Family, whose possessions were much bigger in Béarn, but due to this little piece of land, they had a royal dignity that proved to be very helpful when one of them, Henry III of Navarre, claimed the throne of France for himself becoming Henry IV.
With this new Bourbon dynasty (Henry’s mother was Albret and his Father Bourbon), Lower Navarre was merged with France and because of its easy access from Spain, a fortress was built in the 17th century by Vauban in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, a building that today is the village school.