If we don’t protect the trees, who will?
In case you were unaware—as I was until this morning—the Amazon is burning. Google it. It’s a travesty.
Not sure how or why this didn’t classify as “breaking news”, but I am outraged that the rainforest has been on fire for three weeks and I only learned about it today. (Wtf, media?) Manmade, no less, as the reports are saying that deforestation is the cause.
I hope this outrages you, too.
I won’t go on a rant, but if you want to learn more/better understand the gravity of this disaster, here are 2 documentaries to start with:
• One Strange Rock, episode 1
It’s a good place to start. Every choice we make matters.
The GION DISTRICT was my favorite neighborhood in Kyoto. 😍 - This is Kyoto’s most famous geisha district. - You can find the traditional wooden merchant houses in this area of the city. - I recommend wandering around here before sunset! It’s less crowded!
I’m resharing 10 Things to Do in Kyoto Your First Time on Instagram Stories ☺️ Have you visited a new city this summer? 📷: @bellendt #giondistrict#visitjapan#explorekyoto#exploreJPN#japanwaits#discoverjapan#traveljapan
🧜🏼♀️ 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 🧜🏼♀️
Many of you voted for the Island life in one of my latest post.
Even tho I love the freedom and wildness that it gives you I’m still not sure if I would like to live on an Island full time.
Let’s see what are the pros and cons.
- It’s an Island so the nature must be breathtaking
- Depending on an Island but it’s probably way cheaper than a city if you stay outside of touristic locations
- It feels private. You know everyone around and you become a family
- The life is simple. All you need is a swimwear. Many people don’t even have shoes- barefoot life
- Food is amazing. Everything is fresh and organic
- Your lifestyle is more exciting than office job 9-5 and bar hopping during the weekend
- Your priorities in life are more valuable than a new LV purse or a car that will impress your friends
- The sunsets and sunrises are unforgettable
- You live in the moment without planning anything ahead
- As you can assume with the nature like that it’s very easy to become lazy
- You don’t have “whatever you want” so you will have to sacrifice some of the things you’re used to
- I want to wear cocktail dresses and heels at least once a month 😌
- If you are very proactive you’ll get bored of pretty balanced and calm Island life and would love to face some adventures
- I love city life. I like seeing everyone being busy sometimes, go for a walk and get lost in cute little streets with the shops and cafes. I love all 4 of the seasons and change in fashion styles. I love to see the city lights at night and dream about my future
- Have you heard of volcanoes, hurricanes and earthquakes? Yes it’s all happening there as well not only in movies
We all want to escape our “boring” lives at some point and go deep into the jungles or live one step from the ocean. I recommend everyone to try to live that life for some time just to find out for yourself is it actually your dream came true or someone else.
Looks like a Dollhouse! This Catedral peaks at 156 feet, and there are 9 small separate chapels aligned to points on a compass. .
St. Basil’s Cathedral was originally painted white. Starting in the 17th century, the façade and domes began to be painted in the remarkable colors that are seen today. .
Follow 👉 @offramptravel
Follow 👉 @offramptravel
We were already a pretty good team before we got married, and now 4 months into married life we’re learning more and more everyday just how important that partnership really is and pretty excited to see how it’s going to transform and grow a million different times as we grow old. #teamsegura#weddingwednesday
When was the last time you did something for the first time? There is nothing more exciting than a first. The first time trying a new food. The first time in a new country, the first day of school, the first pay check of a new job. The wonder of a first kiss that gives you butterflies even in its memory. 🎆
Even when we've done so much, there are so many first times still ahead of us if we are brave enough to step out of our comfort zones and try something new.
3 TOP TIPS FOR IPHONE INSTA-PHOTOS 📸
Not everyone wants to invest in a DSLR for their travels and that totally makes sense. If this wasn’t a passion of mine, I probably wouldn’t be lugging around the extra gear! 😅 If you’re travelling with your trusty iPhone here's some simple things to keep in mind:
1) It’s all bout dat composition 😝 If you haven’t heard of the rule of thirds, it’s the grid that appears on your iPhone whenever you take a photo. This helps you keep the image straight, but more importantly it directs you to where the subject of your photo should be (at least for traditional composition, which 99% of my photos are). The eye will naturally be drawn to where these lines intersect. For example, above I made sure the the mosque arches aligned with the ‘intersecting’ lines and my silhouette is smack bam in the middle of them. This draws the viewers eyes to the elements of the photo I wanted to pop. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2) iPhone editing is your friend... but keep it simple. I use the free apps @photoshop and @lightroom . Other then for heavy duty edits, I edit on my phone - it saves so much time. I generally like my photos to be warm, light hue on blues, dehazed and slightly overexposed (which are all simple buttons on these apps). Some no-no’s I used to fall into were over saturating my images to make it colourful (vibrance and dehaze are much better for this) and too much contrast or highlights (keep in mind people don’t always have their phones on full brightness so your photo may appear way darker on their screen, I try and make mine as bright as possible without losing detail). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3) Finally, strategic crop your shots. Instagrams current layout favours Portrait Dimension (tall skinny images). You can of course still have a great landscape photo on Instagram but because of the platform, it will make the image smaller on everyones screen. The more of the screen you take up on someone’s phone, the more likely they are to see it when scrolling! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Bonus tip: Never use zoom on an iPhone, it will decrease the quality of your image - crop your image after to zoom in the subject instead 😄