I was inspired by our thriving veggie garden to paint some peas today! Have you ever had fresh from the garden peas? They’re totally different than store bought. Sweet, juicy, and vibrant, they’re one of our favorite veggies to grow! 😄
Done. “In the Limelight”, 11x14, Watercolor. ( I re-shaded her back.. I think that helped!)
5 294 hours ago
Summer is a GREAT time to paint wildflowers. This is #fireweed my favorite wildflower. It is found all over #alaska ,even in some of the Northern States and mountains. Whenever I come across them I become nostalgic.
You can come learn to paint this with me. On my channel Wednesdays we are enjoying #watercolors 👉 come watch. We are having a lot of fun celebrating #watercolormonth too. I have lots of watercolor lessons and tutorials for you to enjoy 😊💕
(swipe left) pia’s sketch before the final! i brought a set of colorful microns and i love them so freaking much like look at this pink color?? the power. im gonna get so much use out of these for sure 🌸
Water is inseparable from life.
To paint it, standing in the stream or on the bank, is heaven to me. I hope I can capture the rushing movement, the liquid transparent immediacy with my watercolors. No photo references.. Just observation and memory. The camera cannot capture what my eyes and heart see.
Version 3 of 3, Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park: My goal in this version was speed and trying to capture the essence of this place. This version took me 1/2 hour of painting time and another 1/2 hour total, at the most, waiting for sections to dry.
I learned a lot from doing 3 versions of Dream Lake, mainly that the angles in the background mountains and the colors in the lake spoke to me. I think I could go much more abstract with it, but will leave that to another day.
Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, Version 1 of 3: After visiting this lake last week I knew I wanted to paint the contrasts of rock and water. I decided I wanted to do 3 versions with the following versions becoming more loose and done faster. This version took about 4 hours.