My peace of mind and my safety are mine to be concerned with I leave it to no one. Not everyone that approaches me want to genuinely be my friend and I choose to not trust no one but my instincts
I have said this before and I will say it again when traveling alone I never share about the fact that I'm traveling alone. If someone invites me for an outing I don't give them a location where I'm staying I always plan a meeting point even if we are staying in the same hotel. As for taxi drivers they can be very chatty and love to ask questions whatever I'm going I always say that I'm meeting a cousin, friend or boyfriend. I don't exchange social media information with anyone and if anyone wants to exchange number I take the number to make the decision whether to contact or not. I have not always been a great judge of character and I have found myself in unfortunate situations but the more I travel the more I learn
Delicate Arch. We squeezed in a visit to see Delicate on our way back to Denver after staying the night in Moab and I’m so glad we did! There were a lot of people (I mean, it IS probably the most famous arch in the world, so...), but it was worth it. Again, though, the theme of the trip was waking up early and getting going. Once again, the crowds on the way out were much bigger than the crowds on the way in. Fewer people + cooler morning temperatures = yes, please!
Visiting Ecuador was a kind of last minute decision. We originally wanted to fly straight to Colombia after our stay in Lima.
But after three weeks of fog and crazy humidity we desperately needed to see the sun again. This is when we decided to squeeze in a small beach break in Máncora and then visit Ecuador.
And we have to tell you, we are really glad that we are here. Ecuador really surprised us with its beautiful architecture, friendly & welcoming people and delicious food. Changing travel plans can really be a good thing.
If I haaaaaaad to choose a favorite part of the trip, I think I’d probably choose hiking The Narrows. It was cooler (long sleeves! In Zion!?) than our other hikes, unlike anything I’d ever done before in that we hiked through water the vast majority of the time, with water coming up to the front of my ribcage a few times, and it pushed me out of my comfort zone in some parts of the trail. We woke up early to beat the big crowds and it was soooo worth it. If you ever go to Zion, friends — Please wake up early to catch one of the first shuttles and PLEASE do this hike if the flash flood potential is low! I liked this even more than Angels Landing. The Narrows = so, so neat. And we followed it up with floating down the river (they labeled it extreme tubing 😂 — but there were a lot of rocks and you did go kind of fast as you bounced off one rock and then immediately off of another and into brush and whatnot in some parts 😂) after lunch. The “water day” was a great day. 🤗
I love discussing about my travels and share whatever I can about it to facilitate you to travel as well but my handle is called @piecesoftati and it seems like I don't share enough non travel things about me. Here are a few things about Tatiana not so much travel related
- fried plantains is my achilles heel I eat it all the time it doesn't matter whether is for breakfast, lunch or dinner some weeks is the only grocery I purchase. I have to actually force myself to not buy plantains
- I fell asleep watching Blackpanther on Netflix for the first time in December I don't know how it ends and I'm just going to leave it at that don't @ me Wakanda fans
- I'm both an introvert and an extrovert. I like to keep to myself at times but I also enjoy a good conversation with others it makes traveling easy because I can pick and choose when to keep to myself or be social during a travel
- I love traveling with @spiritairlines I don't even want to hear your horror stories because that will not convince me to stop flying with them
- I'm left handed and I think with my left brain at all times I say things backwards for example I will say Tuesday or Monday instead of Monday or Tuesday (or is it just my excuse 🤷🏾♀️)
- Spanish is my favorite language I made sure to learn how to speak it fluently and understand it. I watch @Netflix shows in Spanish and listen to a lot of music in Spanish from artists such as @ozuna my current favorite @jbalvin@maluma@farrukoofficial@chynomiranda just to name a few. This helps me to not forget the language since I only speak it when I visit Spanish speaking countries
- I loved lifting weights during my mid 20s and I wanted to train for a bikini competition but I quickly changed my mind after looking at expenses along with the meal plans lol
- like everyone else I like @netflix shows but I enjoy watching Korean dramas on @viki more lots of hot Oppas to drool over (if you know you know)
It was hard not to add some travel points but I think I did good and I will definitely to this often
If only I could work from here everyday. I’d be living 🌴🌴
8 9428 June, 2019
Popular Instagram Photos
We’re off on a new adventure!
While we are a travel couple, we both have full time jobs; but we travel as often as we can.
Since Jamie works in education, we take a long (2 weeks at least) trip over the summer.
Then we take quick weekend trips throughout the rest of the year.
While we want to inspire you to make travel a priority, we fully understand that people have obligations. Um, we‘ve got them too.
But, don’t ever forget to discover what your home has to offer - that’s what we did on this date!
So, until we can travel full time, we will explore our world one weekend (and summer) at a time.
How often can you travel? Two weeks? More?
160 98817 June, 2019
Scuse me #ToyotaCamry … who gave you permission to be so cute while still being so functional?! I’m a sight seeker even in my home town and the Camry blessed me with all sorts of windows to peek at all the beautiful stops along the way. Pardon me while I stick my head out of this fully panoramic moon roof to enjoy alllll that this pretty city has to offer. #sponsored@localtoyotadealers